COVID-19 situation in Nepal
Hom Nath Chalise*
Published: 27 April, 2020 | Volume 4 - Issue 1 | Pages: 033-034
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) which first appeared in China spread gradually all over the world within three months . China was the only country mainly affected by Covid-19 until February 2020, but from the beginning of March, the disease started to spread rapidly to South Korea. It reached Italy in the second week of March and the number of cases increased rapidly in Spain and other European countries in the third week of March then the virus crossed the Atlantic and entered into the United States and other countries in the Americas. WHO declared COVID-19 as a pandemic disease on 11th March 2020 . As of 23rd April 2020, there have been 2,645,785 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 185,121 deaths and 726,827 recoveries . Slowly, Nepal is also into the scene of the COVID-19 affected countries.
Read Full Article HTML
Cite this Article
Read Full Article PDF
COVID-19; Coronavirus; Nepal-India relation; Nepal
- Huang C, Wang Y, Li X, Ren L, Zhao J, et al. Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China. Lancet. 2020; 395: 497-506. PubMed: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31986264
- WHO announces COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic. 2020. http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/health-emergencies/coronavirus-covid-19/news/news/2020/3/who-announces-covid-19-outbreak-a-pandemic
- 2020. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?
- Baruah N, Arjal N. Nepalese Labor Migration - A Status Report. The Asia Foundation. 2018. https://asiafoundation.org/2018/06/06/nepalese-labor-migration-a-status-report/
- Bastola A, Sah R, Rodriguez-Morales AJ, Lal BK, Jha R, et al. The first 2019 novel coronavirus case in Nepal Lancet Infect Dis. 2020; 20: 279-280. PubMed: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32057299
- Health Emergency Operation Center, Health Emergency and Disaster Management Unit (HEDMU), Ministry of Health and Population, Government of Nepal. Heoc.mohp.gov.np. (2020). Resource materials on Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) – Health Emergency Operation Center. https://heoc.mohp.gov.np/update-on-novel-corona-virus-2019_ncov/
- Sharma S1, Sharma M2, Singh G. A chaotic and stressed environment for 2019-nCoV suspected, infected and other people in India: Fear of mass destruction and causality. Asian J Psychiatr. 2020; 51: 102049. PubMed: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32278890
- Gautam R, Sharma M. 2019-nCoV Pandemic: A disruptive and stressful atmosphere for Indian academic fraternity. Brain Behav Immun. 2020; PMID: 32289366. PubMed: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7151469/